Which one of these guys do you want to be? Get your T up after you check out my article below. I have been both. Which one are you?
You are now 50 or older and you think the best of you is probably in the past. Well, I am 60 and I can tell you it is not. Today’s testosterone boosters have gone through a ton of clinical and scientific studies to make sure they do what they are supposed to.
We all know, as we get older, our testosterone levels decline at 1 – 2% per year after about age 35. This leads to lower energy, lower sex drive, weight gain, especially belly fat and many other issues. It is clear, that we need to know, what is the best testosterone booster for men over 50, that was designed specifically for men over 50.
Men over 50 should not take a testosterone supplement that was designed for younger males, since these were designed more for building muscle.
What I want you to remember, and make crystal clear is that it is never too late to be the best you can be, no matter what your age. This is where it is important for you to consider a natural testosterone booster to help you out. These are supplements that were specifically developed with specific and clinically proven ingredients to help and encourage your body to produce more testosterone. They are not steroids and are not testosterone, so they do not have the side effects that those prescription testosterone treatments do.
Choosing the right supplement for your situation can be difficult. In this post, I will cover the following subjects to help you choose and I will recommend the best and maybe second best testosterone supplements for men over 50:
- What exactly is a natural testosterone booster?
- What are some of the best testosterone boosting ingredients?
- What are the benefits of increasing my testosterone levels?
- What are the side effects of testosterone boosters?
- What is the Best Testosterone Booster For Men Over 50?
OK, let’s get started.
What are Natural Testosterone Boosters?
Essentially, natural testosterone boosters are supplements are combinations of naturally occurring in nature herbs, vitamins and minerals that aid a males body in the natural production of testosterone. Many also contain ingredients to block estrogen, to help free up more testosterone.
These are not anabolic steroids and therefore, do not come with the dangerous side effects of such steroids. Anabolic steroids are synthetic chemicals that are hormones that are injected directly into your system, while natural test boosters contain safe and effective ingredients that promote and elevate testosterone production.
So don’t compare testosterone boosters to anabolic steroids, which are stronger, but can also cause nasty, long-term side effects, such as liver damage and man boobs.
Do I need to be concerned about man-boobs while taking testosterone boosters? For those of you worried about man boobs, the good news is that natural testosterone boosters do not cause gynecomastia (man-boobs). These man-boobs occur when injecting steroids or prohormones which cause rapid increase in testosterone, which cause your body to spike your estrogen levels. Natural testosterone boosters help your body slowly produce testosterone naturally so your body does not increase your estrogen.
Do I need to cycle testosterone boosters? In general, the answer is no. However, read and follow the recommendations on the label of the supplement you choose. There are some that suggest cycling.
What are Some of the Best Testosterone Boosting Ingredients?
Testosterone boosting ingredients need to be of the highest quality and optimal dosages to be the most effective.
Here are some of the best testosterone boosting ingredients that have been clinically proven to be effective:
- Vitamin D3 – The most natural way to get Vitamin D is by spending some time in the sun every day and your body will naturally produce what you need. We can’t all get out in the sun every day so a supplement is the way to go. Vitamin D plays a vital role in more than a thousand bodily functions and if you have a Vitamin D deficiency, you have a much higher risk of bone decay, chronic fatigue, decreased immunity and many other health issues, including low testosterone. Several studies have found men with Vitamin D deficiencies generally have considerably lower testosterone levels, as compared to men who don’t have this deficiency. The optimal dosage of Vitamin D3 has been shown to be between 3,000-5,000IU.
- Fenugreek Extract – Fenugreek is a bean type plant that mostly comes from India and North Africa. Fenugreek has been used for centuries in traditional medicine for treating arthritis and sexual dysfunction. Multiple studies have shown fenugreek to increase sexual arousal and testosterone levels, along with enhancing athletic performance in men. There are many very good natural low testosterone supplements that do include fenugreek.
- Zinc – Zinc is a versatile and important part of our diets. Its main functions in our bodies, include boosting immunity, helping us fight cancer, assisting in keeping our hormones balanced, and lowering blood sugar to fight off diabetes. Zinc has been found to have a direct impact on boosting testosterone, but only in those males who actually have a deficiency.
- Ashwagandha Root Extract (KSM-66) – The most important ingredient in this supplement is KSM-66®. It is a patented extract of the Ashwagandha root. Ashwagandha is found in countries such as China, India, Nepal and Yemen. For many centuries, it has been used by many cultures to increase libido in men. More recent studies have discovered it will also increase total testosterone, improve mood if your are stressed out, and reduce the cortisol hormone that is caused by stress. In using this extract, you are providing your body with a highly concentrated dose of this effective testosterone booster. Reducing cortisol results in increased testosterone.
- D-AA – D-AA or D-Aspartic acid has some great benefits even when taken alone and is showing up in many testosterone boosters. Increased testosterone levels associated with d-aspartic acid, benefit sexual performance and muscle growth. Since it is a male sex hormone, testosterone enhances libido and many say, erection quality. It has also been proven to intensify orgasms and can extend how long intercourse lasts. By increasing your testosterone level, d-aspartic acid will make your workouts more effective and helps you build muscle. D-AA has been shown in laboratory tests, to provide these results:
–As much as a 42% increase in Free Testosterone Levels after 12 days of consistent use.
–Testosterone released in the blood is increased.
–Increased Leutinizing Hormone (LH) production.
–Increased Growth Hormone production.
–Increased nitric oxide (NO2, NO3) production, promoting faster recovery after your workouts.
–Promotes Deeper and better quality Sleep.
- Boron Citrate – Boron is a trace mineral that is critical to your health and for maintaining testosterone levels. I do find it interesting that there is no recommended daily allowance (RDA) for users for Boron. However, studies have shown, 10 mg supplemented daily appears to be the proper amount for boosting and keeping your testosterone at the optimum levels.The same studies show that anything less than 6 mg won’t provide much benefit with regards to your testosterone levels. There is also evidence that trying to supplement with higher dosages (20 mg daily or more) could be harmful. In this study where men took 10mg of Zinc per day, a 28% increase in free testosterone and a 39% decrease in estrogen was observed. Pretty good numbers if you ask me, especially for men over 50.
There are more testosterone boosting ingredients, but these are the ones I consider to be the most important in a supplement.
What are the Benefits of Increasing My Testosterone Levels?
Most mature men, don’t really take testosterone boosters just to increase their testosterone levels. Instead, they take boosters for all the benefits associated with increased testosterone and the other benefits from the ingredients in these supplements.
Men 50 and over are looking for the benefits of these testosterone boosters as follows:
- Muscle growth – Men over 50 have a more difficult time building and maintaining lean muscle. Increased testosterone helps you body get into the anabolic hormonal state that is needed to build muscle.
- Increased Libido or sex drive – Your libido can become what it was when you were much younger, and your wife will like it too!
- Improved confidence and mood –Feel a better overall sense of well being and just feel happier.
- Increased energy and strength – Become stronger and more fit and enjoy your new energy levels.
- More fat loss, especially belly fat – Higher testosterone levels help to increase your metabolism, which helps mature men to lose weight, especially that hard to lose belly fat.
What are the Side Effects of Testosterone Boosters?
The reason I like quality testosterone supplements/boosters, is that they are made from all natural ingredients that do not come with side effects.
The only way there is any risk of side effects at all, is if you abuse these ingredients and over use them. Follow the supplement label usage recommendation and you are good to go and will see the maximum benefits.
And, to reiterate, there is no risk of man boobs or other nasty side effects, like you would experience with injections of steroids or hormones.
What is the Best Testosterone Booster For Men Over 50?
I have done the research and reviewed around 70 testosterone booster supplements and I am confident in my recommendations for men at different age levels.
For men 50 and over, I highly recommend the top three in the order listed:
- Ageless Male Max – Check out my full review of this supplement by CLICKING HERE.
- Prime Male – Check out my full review of this supplement by CLICKING HERE.
- Testogen – Check out my full review of this supplement by CLICKING HERE.