It really bothers me when testosterone boosters advertise guaranteed increases in testosterone, when I know just by looking at the ingredients that it isn’t true. I am going to provide you with all the information about what I consider to be one of those wanna be boosters. This review will go into great detail about TestMax HD Testosterone Booster and whether is really works or not.
Ok, what is TestMax HD?
What is TestMax HD and Who Makes it?
TestMax HD is a testosterone booster formula that promises to not only increase testosterone, but also reduces both estrogen and cortisol. This formula should be able to optimize your hormone levels.
It also contains ingredients that will increase your own natural blood flow because of increased nitric oxide production. You already probably know that increased blood flow give you more vascularity and reduces muscle recovery time after working out.
With TestMax HD’s vitamin B complex, your will have more energy and it will last longer due to the included caffeine in this formula.
TestMax and other nutrition products in this line are made by Gentech Nutrition based in Apex, NC.
Speaking of ingredients, let’s see what they are.
What are the Ingredients in the TestMax HD Formula?
First, let me be clear, there are some good ingredients for your health in this formula. Unfortunately, there are some critical testosterone boosting ingredients that are missing. More on those later.
Here are the ingredients in TestMax HD:
- Magnesium – Magnesium is a mineral that is known to help with free testosterone. It does this be preventing SHBG from binding to too much of your testosterone, thereby making more free testosterone available for you to use. Supplementing with Magnesium also lowers blood pressure and will help keep your bones strong and dense.
- Zinc – Zinc is now a key ingredient in most good testosterone boosters and is a vital mineral for boosting testosterone levels naturally. You should get between 10 – 30 mg of Zinc in your diet every day. It is difficult to get as much Zinc as you need from the foods you eat. You will also see improvements in your immune system.
- Vitamin B2 – B2 or Riboflavin is one of the many B vitamins that will help your body work to boost energy. Riboflavin is also an antioxidant that will fight free radicals, which are substances that we associate with people that may develop cancer or other life-threatening conditions.
- Vitamin B3 – Also known as niacin or niacinamide, this vitamin is very important for healthy blood flow. It also helps reduce inflammation and is know to lower your anxiety.
- Vitamin B6 – It is important to note, your body cannot store enough B6 from day to day, so you have to ingest B6 either in the foods you eat or get it in a supplement like this one. B6 helps slow down estrogen production, which allows for more testosterone to be produced. It is also known to help with brain function and plays an important in proper hemoglobin production. B6 does not directly increase your testosterone, but does help with its production.
- Vitamin B12 – B12 is also known as the energy vitamin. It is known to help raise testosterone levels by quite a bit, as long as it is taken with Vitamin B6. One study showed that B12 can also have a enhancing effect on sperm mobility and density, which we all know is directly related to testicular testosterone levels. B12 is also a very water-soluble vitamin that helps with many different body functions including neurological functions, nerve health, the formation of red blood cells, and even DNA synthesis.
- Folic Acid – Most people know this as Vitamin B9, which is needed for your body to absorb the rest of the B vitamins. It is another B vitamin that is need for proper sperm production.
- Ashwagandha Root Extract (KSM-66) – Ashwagandha has been one of Ayurveda medicine’s cure-alls for hundreds of years. KSM-66 is a proprietary brand of Ashwagandha that has been certified to be organic, by the USDA and is manufactured according to the highest quality standards. KSM-66 has been through many clinical trials and has been shown to lower your stress, improve your thinking ability, enhance your sexual health, increase your physical performance and so much more. There is some evidence that it may be an anti-estrogen, which we know is good for more free testosterone. You most likely won’t see an increase in your testosterone with this ingredient, so use this for the benefits that is does help.
- Maca Root – Maca is one of my all time favorite ingredients because of all the benefits it provides. It is a member of the vociferous vegetable family and has been shown to help improve fertility through increased sperm production. Maca also helps to inhibit prostate growth supporting decreased conversion of testosterone to DHT. To read my article about all the amazing benefits of Maca, please CLICK HERE.
- N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC) – This is a nonessential amino acid synthesized by your body. Cysteine helps to produce several different antioxidants in our bodies. It also helps to fight free-radical damage and possibly slow the onset of aging and reduce disease risk. According to bodybuilding expert Clayton South, NAC increases glutathione levels and helps to preserve lean muscle mass. In a clinical study published in 2000 in “European Journal of Clinical Investigation,” researchers found that oral NAC replenished glutathione in patients with HIV. Helps detox your liver and normalize your moods.
- L-Selenomethionine – This ingredient is provided as a source of selenium that our bodies need. Some of the most common reasons for taking L-selenomethionine in a health supplement include support for the thyroid gland, heart, immune system and for helping to manage healthy cholesterol levels.
- L-Citrulline – This is considered a non-essential amino acid. But, considering its benefits, seems pretty essential to me. It is used to enhance your gym performance, support lean muscle growth, and speed up your recovery from your workouts.
- Choline – Choline is an essential nutrient that is required for some of your body’s normal functions and health. It isn’t a vitamin or mineral, but is a water soluble organic compound. Your live does make some very small amounts, but you need to get the rest through foods or supplementation. It impacts liver function, healthy brain development, muscle movement, your nervous system and metabolism.
- Caffeine – We all know that caffeine is an energy booster and help existing energy to last longer. It does have the drawback of a let down after the caffeine wears off.
Did you notice that only Magnesium and Zinc have the potential for increasing your testosterone, out of all these ingredients? I sure did. What I see is some pretty good benefits of a basic multivitamin and some good benefits from some amino acids that we need to build muscle. Also some good benefits from Maca and Ashwagandha.
Since it doesn’t really look like this is a testosterone booster as promised, what does TestMax do for you?
What Does TestMax HD Promise to do for You?
According to the Gentech Nutrition website, TestMax HD will provide the following:
- Powerful Muscle Growth & Recovery Support
- Improve Stamina & Athletic Performance
- Improve Energy & Mental Clarity
- Decrease Cortisol by Over 30%
- Banned Substance Free – No Cycling
- Results are Guaranteed for athletes and bodybuilders trying to build more strong, lean muscle.
- MADE IN THE USA – Manufactured in an FDA & GMP certified facility
On the Gentech website, there are some professional athletes that swear by this stuff for energy, stamina and endurance, along with quicker recovery and for building muscle. No so much for increasing testosterone, even though the website says your testosterone will increase after three weeks of use.
Are There Any Side Effects With TestMax HD?
This is a completely safe product to take on its own. There are no harmful ingredients in this formula and there are no known side effects.
My Conclusion for TestMax HD.
Look, I think this is a good supplement, just not a good testosterone booster. It is a good muscle building and energy supplement that will help you in the gym to do the work.
It is just missing too many test boosting ingredients in my humble opinion.
It needs at least some of the following known test boosters to be added to be a competitive testosterone supplement; Vitamin D3, Boron, D-AA and some Fenugreek.
I would instead recommend Gentech’s other Testosterone Booster called TestMax 1000. I will be reviewing that one shortly and I will be recommended it as a great testosterone booster, because it is and it has all the ingredients to prove that.