Have you tried testosterone boosters that just didn’t work? I know I have. Alpha Muscle XT is one of the most popular supplements on Amazon, that actually does work. It works by boosting your testosterone levels making it easier to build muscle. It has some good ingredients but is missing a few I would prefer in a quality testosterone booster. At any rate, let’s have a detailed look at this supplement from Team Six supplements called Alpha Muscle-XT and see if it lives up to its reputation.
What is Alpha Muscle -XT?
Developed by Team Six Supplements Company, Alpha Muscle -XT falls under the broad range of testosterone boosters. While it does not actually contain testosterone, Alpha Muscle XT is formulated from a wide range of vitamins, plant extracts, and minerals to enhance your bodies levels of testosterone naturally. It was originally designed for men who have basically hit a plateau in their training and maybe in their life, because of low testosterone.
We all need a little help, especially as we get older, to achieve our goals and stay fit. Alpha Muscle XT was created for those of us looking to attain complete male optimization for our daily lives.
How Exactly Does Alpha Muscle -XT Work?
Alpha Muscle XT has been scientifically and clinical proven to promote energy, muscle mass, libido, increased metabolism and to help in quicker recovery from our workouts. It works by naturally boosting the amount of testosterone levels that your body produces. Having increased and proper amounts of testosterone will definitely make it easier to build lean muscle. The added benefit of increased metabolism will also help you lose some of that unwanted belly fat. I know I need that help. My muscle mass is going well, but that belly fat is just a pain at my age to get rid of.
Alpha Muscle -XT Dosage
Every bottle of Alpha Muscle -XT has 60 vegetarian capsules. Its instructions include taking two capsules in the evening and that means one bottle will last you a month with the daily dose of 800 mg. In addition, you do need to cycle this after six weeks of continuous use and stop it for two weeks. This supplement is designed to be taken by 18 years old and up and of course as with any supplement, you may want to consult with your doctor before taking it, especially if you are taking prescription meds of any kind.
The Ingredients and Their Benefits to You.
It is important to note that this supplement does not contain a proprietary blend of ingredients, which is a good thing. Instead, Team Six has fully disclosed the included ingredients, so you know exactly what you are taking.
Here are the ingredients and their health benefits:
- Magnesium – When assessing how magnesium works to boost testosterone, it comes down to how it interacts with a specific protein in your body, the Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG). SHBG works by inhibiting the free flowing testosterone in the body and it strips it of any anabolic effectiveness. That means less free testosterone is available to use. By taking Magnesium, you will lower SHBG’s influence since it will begin to bind to Magnesium instead of your much needed testosterone. Consequently, you will have more testosterone flowing freely in your blood stream.
Besides testosterone levels, Magnesium can help aid normal protein synthesis, better mental rest and muscle recovery. It will also support your gym performance to enhance fat loss and has been proven as an essential mineral that contributes to easing of fatigue and tiredness.
- Zinc – Zinc is one the most common testosterone-boosting ingredients and increasing its intake can improve the normal serum testosterone levels. However, studies have shown that restricting its intake, can lower your testosterone levels. That is because, after being absorbed in the body, Zinc performs various functions in the brain, one of those is the release of the luteinizing hormone (LH). LH is mainly responsible for generating testosterone and growth hormone in the body. Zinc is also known to help maintain normal reproduction and fertility levels.
- Ashwagandha (KSM-66) – Ashwagandha is a typical Ayurvedic herb that lowers the levels of the stress hormone (cortisol) in the body. Cortisol not only make you feel anxious, stressed, and unfocused it also reduces your body’s testosterone. That is because it follows the homeostasis routine — the more you have one hormone, the less you have of another. The more cortisol you have, the lesser the testosterone levels. By using Ashwagandha, you can keep your cortisol levels lower and your testosterone higher.
- Epicatechin – Epicatechin is a type of flavonoid or anti-oxidant present in green tea. While it is not a direct testosterone booster, it can aid in other ways. It can help keep you alert even after long periods without sleep and promote the natural body production of norepinephrine, a fat burning hormone. Thus, you will burn more fat and to increase your overall health. The green tea aspect can also boost nitric oxide in the body that can lead to better muscle pumps and vascularity.
- Longjack – Also known as Eurycoma Longifolia, Longjack is an extract from an Indonesian native plant. While there are claims that it can increase testosterone levels, there is very little evidence surrounding the claims. No human studies are available to prove that Longjack is effective if taken orally. Nonetheless, Longjack has some positive aspects including a mild boost in your libido, sexual function, and erection quality. Also, Tongkat Ali, which is an element in Eurycoma Longifolia can help lower day-to-day stress.
- Diindolylmethane – Diindolylmethane or DIM is a compound found mainly in broccoli, brussel sprouts and other vociferous vegetables. It has been shown to metabolize estrogen and hence increases testosterone levels. It also works as an aromatase inhibitor and promotes a healthy balance of testosterone levels in the body. However, more research is needed to provide information on the effectiveness of the nutrient as a testosterone booster. Is a very popular estrogen blocker in testosterone supplements.
- Laxosterone – Also known as 45 alpha hydroxyl laxogenin, Laxosterone has steroidal properties and is extracted from a plant similar to asparagus. It is said to deliver strength and muscle building properties without the negative side effects of liver toxicity or testing positive for steroidal therapy. It also possesses an androgenic/anabolic ratio similar to one of the most effective anabolic substances called Anavar. My main issue with Laxosterone is that it is really designed for plants and not for people. It appears to need more studies in animals and humans to make sure there are no long term side effects. There are however some bodybuilders who swear by this stuff.
Alpha Muscle XT Pros and Cons
⇒ The pros:
- Magnesium and Zinc have positive influence on testosterone levels – the two ingredients are found in all best performing testosterone boosters because of their effectiveness and are backed up by scientific studies that are all over the web.
- Five of the seven ingredients offer some health benefits – while they all do not influence extra testosterone secretion directly, they can help enhance overall energy and health.
- Longjack and Ashwagandha help relieve stress – when stress levels are very high, it can lead to less testosterone, so having ingredients to lower stress is critical to get our testosterone levels back up where they belong.
⇒ The cons:
- It is missing some vital ingredients that can boost testosterone levels – they include D-Aspartic Acid, Fenugreek, Boron, oyster extract, and Vitamin D3. In fact, Vitamin D3 is closely linked to boosting testosterone and bone health. You can add D3 to your supplements along with this for awesome benefits and more increased testosterone.
- Dosage is a little short – at 800 mg, the Alpha Muscle-XT dose is less than a third of what you can find in other testosterone boosters that consists of approximately 3000mg or more. Of course, those boosters have more testosterone boosting ingredients as well, so you would expect the total dosage to be higher in them. Along the same lines, the 50mg Magnesium dose is too low for an effective testosterone booster.
- One serving a day is good and bad – While there is no health problem with one serving a day, your body will only really be getting a few hours of benefit every day. That might not be adequate in keeping the test levels continuously on the rise. Ideally, you need a supplement that gives regular supply to keep testosterone concentrations growing, for instance a 3 to 4 serving a day supplement. I guess the good news is you only have to take it once a day.
Does Alpha Muscle-XT boost testosterone?
Although the product seems to miss out some key ingredients, it does include some others that are very effective. If you seek to build muscle by increasing your testosterone levels, then Alpha Muscle XT will help. It does use Zinc, Epicatechin, and Ashwagandha, which have proven very effective in boosting testosterone levels and muscle building.
Does Alpha Muscle-XT block estrogen?
High levels of estrogen can hinder testosterone secretion in the body. To boost the concentrations of testosterone, DIM an ingredient of Alpha Muscle-XT works by regulating and blocking the production levels of estrogen very effectively.
Potential Alpha Muscle-XT Side Effects
Alpha Muscle-XT is a natural and safe product so you should not worry about experiencing too many unwanted side effects. The only reported side effect comes with much higher dosage than the 30mg of Laxosterone in this supplement.
NOTE: Some Important Notes to Consider With This Supplement
Laxosterone – Although Laxosterone is for plants and has no real side effects, it is still considered a steroid. Thus, take precautions when using it, as the long-term effects have not been studied yet.
Study the ingredients – it is crucial to examine closely the ingredients formula before trying any supplements and ensure you are not allergic to any the used ingredients.
Consult a doctor— it is always highly recommended that you consult your doctor before taking a supplement like Alpha Muscle XT, especially if you are taking prescription drugs for medical conditions.
Alpha Muscle XT Testosterone Booster Final Verdict.
In generally, Alpha Muscle-XT is a decent testosterone booster with some other good benefits. With their main ingredients as Zinc, Magnesium, and Ashwagandha, it can help increase testosterone as well as build some lean muscle. However, it needs more proven testosterone boosting ingredients and a higher dosage to be as effective as some other T Boosters on the market.
I think this is a good booster for the price of around $49 per bottle on Amazon.
Team 6 has several other great products that you may want to consider stacking with Alpha Muscle-XT to get the best results.