As you may already know, Fenugreek has become a staple in most testosterone boosters on the market these days. But did you know it has tons of additional benefits. This article for fenugreek health benefits men, will go into great detail about all the other benefits.
Are you looking to increase your testosterone levels?
Would you like to improve your sex drive or libido?
Do you want to lose some fat?
How about more energy to get you through the days?
You could search for a natural supplement for each one of these issues. Or, you could just look into one natural herb that takes care of all these issues in one natural herb supplement.
This is my review of an amazing natural herb called Fenugreek!
What is Fenugreek and Where Does it Come From?
Fenugreek is one of the oldest medicinal plants still cultivated. It is known to come from the southern parts of Europe and Asia. This is a very popular plant grown all over the Mediterranean regions, Argentina, North Africa, France, India, and the United States. There is evidence that Fenugreek is mentioned in great detail in Egyptian writings around 1500 B.C. Since this herb has been around for so long, it has several different names, depending on where it comes from. The most well know I could find is Greek hay.
Fenugreek is what we call an annual plant, because it grows every year to be cultivated. It is normally about two feet tall, and is considered to be in the
legume or pea family. It has light green leaves, small white flowers, and long pods that include as much as twenty small, hard, golden-brown seeds.
The seeds have a stinky smell and are pretty bitter tasting. Strangely, it used in imitation syrup. When you take fenugreek as a supplement, and urinate it, it smells like maple. TMI?
Fenugreek is a plant that has been used medicinally for thousands of years by civilizations all over the world. Today, it is most commonly used as a dietary supplement, a spice to add to food, or it can be found in some beauty and skin products in oil form.
Fenugreek is a very versatile plant that has a very long list of possible benefits. But today I am only going to cover the amazing potential health benefits of using this awesome herb, for men.
What are the Benefits of Fenugreek for Men?
Fenugreek is low in Sodium, and very low in Cholesterol. It is also an excellent source of Protein, Magnesium, Copper and Manganese, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber and Iron.
Here are many of the benefits of Fenugreek for men:
- Enhances male sexual health – In one recent study, sixty healthy men were given either fenugreek or a placebo for two months. After the studied was completed, the people that took fenugreek reported a considerable positive improvement on both sexual arousal and orgasms. Researchers also concluded from this same study, that fenugreek assists in maintaining normal healthy testosterone levels. Some research even suggests that fenugreek for men may even promote a strong and healthy sperm count, which is good news for couples struggling to get pregnant.
- Increases testosterone levels – As mentioned in the study above, fenugreek does boost testosterone levels and should be taken in dosages between 500-600mg per day. Anything less is considered to not boost testosterone and more than 600mg per day can cause some unwanted side effects. Fenugreek is most effective when taken together with other supplements such as Magnesium and Zinc. There are many testosterone supplements available that contain all three of these ingredients.
- Helps control blood sugar – Maintaining healthy blood sugars can be difficult, but is especially tough for diabetics. I am Type 2 diabetic and I know it is an issue of high blood sugar levels due to insulin resistance or the inability for our bodies to produce insulin. Even if you are not diabetic, we can all can benefit from making sure our blood sugar stays at healthy levels. Taking fenugreek has been shown to improve blood sugar for people like me, with type 2 diabetes. I am currently taking a testosterone supplement that does include fenugreek along with a bunch of other amazing ingredients, and it is MY #1 RECOMMENDED TESTOSTERONE SUPPLEMENT. GET IT HERE TODAY!
- Decreases Inflammation in the body – Research published in International Immunopharmacology studied the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant of fenugreek mucilage on arthritic rats and confirmed fenugreek’s power to fight inflammation. It also “demonstrated the potential beneficiary effect of fenugreek mucilage on adjuvant induced arthritis in rats,” meaning fenugreek may be an effective natural arthritis treatment as well.
Fenugreek helps with inflammation issues inside the body, like the following:
»»Infection of the tissues under the surface of the skin
»»Cancer (Some types)
- Lowers bad (LDL) cholesterol – There have been some studies that looked at fenugreek’s effectiveness in lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Some of the participants in these studies were diabetic, while others were healthy and some had slightly higher than normal cholesterol levels. Participants in these studies, were given between five and a hundred grams of the powdered form of fenugreek seeds for anywhere from twenty days to three months.
In these studies, a positive effect was observed for total cholesterol, triglycerides, HDL and LDL cholesterol levels. The results included the following:
»»Total cholesterol levels were lowered by as much as sixteen percent.
»»LDL, the bad cholesterol, cholesterol levels were decreased by ten to sixteen percent as well.
»»There was a negligible effect on triglyceride levels.
»»HDL cholesterol went up by as much as 11 percent in one study. Other studies showed a smaller increase, but still an increase.
- Relieves constipation – For any of you who suffer from stomach issues, ingesting fenugreek can be your saving grace. It is rich in fiber and antioxidants and is known to flush the body of harmful toxins which will aid in the digestion process. It is a excellent and effective natural treatment option for gastritis and heart burn. It can help prevent constipation as well as other digestive issues that are caused by stomach ulcers. As a matter of fact, many people use fenugreek tea to relieve indigestion and stomach pain. You can drink a fenugreek tea mixture in the morning to prevent constipation from occurring during the day.
- Helps to decrease pain and swelling in wounds and other skin issues – Fenugreek can be warmed and used externally as a poultice, which is just a soft, moist mass of material, typically of plant material or flour, applied to the body to relieve soreness and inflammation while being kept in place with a cloth.
The fenugreek applied with a poultice, reduces inflammation and can be used to treat the following issues:
»»Pain and swelling in the muscles
- Increases lean muscle mass – Fenugreek has been shown to be very useful when trying to build muscles since it is extremely rich in proteins and antioxidants which are very protective to human tissues. Only eleven grams of fenugreek powder contains more than three grams of essential proteins. And yet, this is not even the main benefit of fenugreek for men who want to build strong lean muscle. The most important benefit is for building muscle is, fenugreek powder helps release energy in the body, which tends to motivate a bodybuilder to workout more than usual.
- Help you lose body fat – Fenugreek has many benefits for helping you lose weight. It is rich in soluble fiber, which is known for enhancing weight loss, by causing your digestive tract to expand. This makes you feel full and makes it easier to control your appetite. Fenugreek also exhibits thermogenic properties that help with exercise and weight loss, by increasing energy in the short term. I already mentioned earlier that it also reduces blood sugar levels after eating.
- Improves Physical Performance – In one study, one group of men was given a placebo and the other group was given fenugreek. The group which had been taking the Fenugreek experienced a significant increase in both upper body and lower body strength, as well as reduced body fat.
Increasing strength is critical to your training and performance. According to the clinical evidence, Fenugreek is proven to help increase strength, which can greatly benefit your athletic performance.
Fenugreek Side Effects for Men.
Fenugreek has been proven to be safe for people when taken by mouth in amounts normally found in foods. It is safe to take in larger amounts, such as 500 – 600mg, for up to 6 months and then there should be a break before continuing.
Side effects include diarrhea, stomach upset, bloating, gas, and the infamous “maple syrup” odor in urine and in your sweat.
Fenugreek can cause nasal congestion, coughing, wheezing, facial swelling, and severe allergic reactions in hypersensitive people. Fenugreek is known to lower blood sugar for diabetics, so you should monitor your blood sugar to make sure it doesn’t get too low.
Who Should NOT Use Fenugreek?
Fenugreek seeds should not be ingested by pregnant women because it can lead to early contractions. Consuming fenugreek seeds right before delivery can also cause a newborn baby to have an unusual body odor.
Fenugreek seeds interact with certain oral medications, including anti-diabetic drugs and anticoagulants. If you use these medications, it is better to consult your primary care doctor before including fenugreek seeds in your diet.
Additionally, children should not be given fenugreek in any form. Consuming fenugreek tea has been linked to loss of consciousness in children.
Fenugreek is an Amazing Natural Herb to Should Consider for It’s Health Benefits!
If you made it this far in my article, it is probably obvious by now that Fenugreek has a ton of really useful benefits. I take it myself as part of my favorite testosterone boosting supplement. I have energy, am losing body fat, my libido is increasing all the time and my workouts are getting better and better along with my lean muscle mass growing like I want.
I have no problem recommending this great natural herb for your overall health!