I know what you are thinking, what the heck is Cistanche? Well, I am going to answer that and more about Cistanche in this article.
Cistanche benefits men in many ways, and studies do indicate it will increase testosterone.
Ok, lets find out what this herb called Cistanche really is and what it will do for us.
What is Cistanche?
Cistanche is also called rou cong rong. It is an extract that is made from the roots and/or leaves of a plant or shrub that grows naturally in deserts of Mongolia and Northern China. Cistanche or Rou cong rong has been and integral part of traditional Chinese medicine for at least 1,800 years.
A very old (Ancient) manuscript called The Essence of Medical Prescriptions, documents Cistanche as a very effective treatment for sexual issues, including sexual dysfunction. It also documents that consuming Cistanche on a regular basis would result in increased sexual functions, vitality, and even better overall health.
It has also been shown to help with a male’s impotence and weak erections. Also appears to help with premature ejactulation. I need this:)
Another Chinese medicine belief is that Cistanche can be used to clear out the bowels, which can prevent some health problems, including colon cancer. In other words, it helps with constipation, if that is an issue for you.
In fact, legend has it that Cistanche was the preferred virility herb, for the most violent ruler in history, Genghis Khan who used it every single day. Supposedly, because of this sexual prowess, due to Cistanche, 8% of the Asian population contains some of his genes. Wow, that guy is my hero, sexually anyway:)
There are four main varieties of Cistanche that have originally been used in Chinese medicine. These are Cistanche Tubulosa, Cistanche Deserticola, Cistanche salsa and Cistanche sinensis. It is believed that the benefits of each are pretty much interchangeable. Today’s article is mainly about the Tubulosa version.
Many call Cistanche Tubulosa one of the best herbs that Chinese Medicine has to offer.
What are the Benefits of Cistanche Tubulosa?
As I mentioned in the previous paragraph, there are many benefits of this “Ginseng of the Desert” plant.
Here is a list of many of the benefits of Cistanche:
- Sexual Stamina and ED Help – Tubulosa supports sexual health in both men and women. It also encourages the release of nitrous oxide which is critical for proper erections and for helping with premature ‘you know what’.
- Boosts Libido – Tubulosa increases the production of hormones related to libido in both men and women.
- Improves Memory and Critical Thinking Ability – So far only studies in mice has shown that Cistanche enhances memory and learning capabilities.
- Kidney Disease – In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Cistanche has been used forever to treat Chronic Kidney Disease.
- A Strong Antioxidant – Cistanche Tubulosa contains lots of powerful antioxidants that help to prevent and repair DNA damage and reduce disease.
- Lowers Fatigue in Elderly – In a Study at Doshisha University, 35 elderly patients showed increased energy and stamina after 12 weeks of taking Cistanche Tubulosa.
- Increases Strength – Tubulosa has been proven to help build up and maintain glycogen that is stored in the muscles, along with reducing the breakdown of muscle fibers while exercising. It also helps your muscles recover faster.
- Anti-inflammatory – Cistanche is a good anti-inflammatory and helps with arthritis, joint pain, swelling, and redness due to inflammation.
- Has Cardiovascular Benefits – Studies have shows that a person’s pulse rate goes down while taking Cistanche Tubulosa, which also helps to heal arteriosclerosis. Having a lower blood pressure while taking Cistanche helps prevent heart attacks.
- Appears to Slow the Aging Process – Cistanche Tubulosa contains is a powerful anti-aging agent called castanoside. This helps revitalize your gonads (Family Jewels) and other organs in your body.
- Increases Metabolism – Tubulosa helps increase your metabolism, making it easier to lose unwanted fat.
- Improves Blood Health – Studies show that Cistanche increases platelet count for better clotting and white blood cell count, which helps you fight off bad bacteria and viruses.
- Constipation – Cistanche Tubulosa has been shown to work well for people who seem to have chronic constipation. This is very beneficial to the elderly who have constipation issues.
As you can see, this ancient herb is awesome for our health, but are there any side effects?
Does Cistanche Tubulosa Come With Any Side Effects?
The American Herbal Products Association has labeled Cistanche as a class one herbal product which means its 100% safe to use. If anything, someone who has stomach issues or chronic diarrhea, I would not recommend it for those people.
What is Actually In Cistanche? – A lot!
Cistanche Tubulosa contains multiple Vitamins, including Vitamins A, B, and C. It also contains 15 types of amino acids such as lysine, phenylalanine, leucine, isoleucine, 2′-acetyl acteoside, serine,acteoside, echinacoside, plus 7 powerful glycosides, liriodendron, mannitol, 8-epiloganic acid, daucosterol, betaine, β-sitosterol, N, succinic acid, N-Dimethylglycine methyl esterm, and many different polysaccharides. Thanks WikiPedia.
Cistanche also contains several important trace minerals including, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, sodium, iron, manganese, copper, zinc and boron. Several of these in larger quantities are proven to increase testosterone but Cistanche simply helps promote testosterone production.
But Wait, Does Cistanche Increase Testosterone?
Although it does wonders for you in the bedroom, it isn’t due to an increase in testosterone. Cistanche does help promote testosterone production but does not directly increase it on its own. It needs to be combined with other ingredients for that. It does help balance your hormones but there is currently no scientific evidence that Cistanche directly increase your testosterone.
However, Lost Empire Herbs has just released a new amazing product called Stag Swag that includes Cistanche.
Stag Swag is an NEW all-natural androgen-boosting formula containing Deer Antler, Pine Pollen, Cistanche, He Shou Wu, Wild Yam, and Pearl powder. This formula will definitely help you look good, feel stronger, and still be able the man you want to be after 40. It supports endocrine, immune, and central nervous systems to optimize men’s health.
Combined, these six herbs in Stag Swag may help Provide regenerative effects on the body:
- Improve skin moisture and elasticity for a youthful appearance.
- Boost natural testosterone.
- Support the immune system including healthy lymphocyte production.
- Protect cells from damage, therefore protecting against signs and symptoms of aging.
- Increase antioxidants to fight free radicals.
- Provide calcium and other minerals your body needs to stay strong.
These six ingredients are the key to improving your state of mind, body, and libido. This blend of herbs is 100% unique. Unlike other hormone supplements on the market, this gives your body a variety of nutrients for sustained health and energy.
Cistanche is an Herb for Many Issues.
Cistanche Tubulosa has tons of benefits for both men and women. You can use Cistanche on its own, but it is also used in many formulas, like the Stag Swag Tincture by Lost Empire Herbs.