Testosterone is considered the King of Hormones, especially for men. It is a big deal when it comes to muscle growth, sex drive or libido, increased energy and overall health and well-being. Bodybuilders are known for using Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) and also Human Growth Hormone (HGH). But for those of us who want a better and safer option than TRT or HGH, we need the best bodybuilding testosterone booster we can find. Feed Me More Nutrition developed The Big Guy Testosterone just for us bodybuilders who refuse to take the TRT route.
Sorry if this a little long, but I really wanted to make sure I provided all the information on each ingredient so you can make an informed decision for yourself. I hope you read the whole thing.
What is The Big Guy Bodybuilding Testosterone Booster?
The Big Guy is an all-natural testosterone booster developed by professional wrestler Ryback Reeves. He created this awesome test booster not only for us but also for his own use. Yes, he uses it as well and swears by it to increase and enhance his performance both in and out of the ring.
The Big Guy is vegan friendly and contains no GMOs.
What are the Benefits of The Big Guy Testosterone Booster?
This supplement provides many of the same benefits as most high-quality T-Boosters, plus a few more:
- Increase Testosterone Levels – Several of the ingredients are scientifically proven to enhance your testosterone, which will increase strength, provide you with more sex drive and help you build lean muscle mass.
- Optimize Your Hormones – This supplement also optimizes your Luteinizing Hormone (LH) and your Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH), which will also help you have more free testosterone for your body to use.
- A Safe and Natural Supplement – This supplement included all-natural ingredients, including multivitamins and minerals that are Vegetarian and Vegan friendly. It is tested independently by 3rd parties to ensure its high quality and it contains no GMOs.
- Includes a 4-Sub Formula for Maximum Potential – The 4-Sub formulas included in this supplement will not only increase your testosterone levels, but will also increase libido, but also contains an anti-estrogen formula, and less estrogen also means more testosterone. This is a true alternative to TRT but will take a little longer to get the same results.
- Boosts Overall Performance – Provides for ultimate workouts, more powerful bodybuilding of lean muscle, enhanced bedroom activities and sense of being much younger.
This is sounding pretty good, but let’s have a close look at the ingredients and see if they support these benefits.
Looking for the Best Testosterone Booster for Men over 50, CLICK HERE to find it.
What are the Ingredients in The Big Guy Formula?
The ingredients in this test booster are pretty good. But I always have an issue with proprietary blends, and unfortunately, this one contains three special blends. Because of these blends, we can’t really tell how much of each ingredient is really in the blends. The dosage of 5 pills a day tells me you are going to get a lot of the ingredients, even with the blends. But we just can’t be sure.
Here are the ingredients in The Big Guy Bodybuilding Testosterone Booster:
- Vitamin D – This is called the Sunshine Vitamin. That is because you get vitamin D by spending time every day in the sun, where your body converts the sun’s rays into vitamin D for your body to use. It is needed to regulate the Phosphorus and Calcium in your body. It is also critical for bone health. Many studies have shown D3 to have the ability to increase your testosterone as well.
- Vitamin E – This vitamin is interesting as part of a testosterone booster formula, in that it is actually known to slightly lower testosterone, but it also lowers SHBG which frees up more testosterone. So, bottom line is, this vitamin has some good benefits for overall health, including the fact that it functions mainly as an antioxidant, which means it helps protect cells from damage caused by unstable molecules called free radicals. It may or may not result in an increase in free testosterone.
- Vitamin K – The main reason Vitamin K is in this and many other supplements, is because it helps the body to properly process Calcium. This is critical to keeping your bones healthy.
- Vitamins B6 and B12 – Vitamin B6 and B12 are mainly beneficial for healthy cognitive or critical thinking functions. A deficiency in either of these vitamins can increase considerably, the risks of depression, neurodegenerative disease, and mood disorders. All these will have a negative effect while you are trying to lose fat and build lean muscle mass.
- Calcium – Calcium is very important for our overall health and in fact, our life. Basically, every cell in our body uses calcium in some way. Calcium is used in our nervous system, muscles, heart and massively in our bones. Our bones store Calcium and that helps keep our bones strong and dense. But, as you probably already know, as we age we absorb less and less Calcium from our diet, so our bones don’t get enough. This loss of Calcium in our bones can eventually cause osteopenia or osteoporosis. After the age of about 50, both men and women should add Calcium supplementation of between 1000 and 1200mg per day. There is only a small amount of Calcium in this supplement, so it really isn’t going to do much if you are over 50.
- Magnesium – There are many studies that have shown that Magnesium increases both free and total testosterone. It is also proven in scientific studies that Magnesium makes it easier for you to get stronger. In these studies and even a third, Magnesium increased testosterone levels even in men who did nothing else but take the Magnesium. In the Zinc description is a link that takes you to another of my articles, and in that article is access to these three studies.
- Zinc – Zinc is a vital mineral that is low in most men, especially those who sweat a lot. It is pretty hard to eat the right kinds of foods to get enough Zinc to keep your testosterone levels high. Supplementing your diet with Zinc has been proven to aid in increased levels of testosterone. A Zinc deficiency in men can cause low energy, low testosterone, lower sex drive, weight gain, and less muscle mass. Supplementing Zinc in your diet in today’s world is critical for overall men’s health. The 3.5mg in this supplement is not nearly enough to increase your testosterone since 30mg is the recommended amount in the studies that showed increases for men with low T. For even more detailed information on Calcium, Magnesium, and Zinc, CLICK HERE to read my comprehensive article.
- Eurycoma Longfolia (LJ100) – This is an extract from an Indonesian native plant. It is also known to many as Longjack. There have been many claims that it can increase testosterone levels, but there is very little evidence to prove that it actually does. Longjack has some positive aspects including a mild boost in your libido, sexual function, and erection quality.
And now for the ingredients in the Blends:
The No More Lil Guy Blend Contains:
- D-Aspartic Acid (DAA) – The main purpose of DAA is to manage hormone production in your body. DAA boosts natural testosterone production by maximizing the release of luteinizing hormones. If you are trying to boost testosterone levels to help improve strength, enhance libido, increase energy and build muscle, DAA should be included in your daily supplements. For even more detailed information about the benefits of DAA, CLICK HERE.
- Fadogia Agrestis – This is one ingredient that I am a little concerned about. It has been shown to dramatically increase testosterone, in Rats in several studies. But, it has also been proven in the same studies to be very toxic to the testes and liver if taken in dosages over 50mg/kg. Since this ingredient is in a proprietary blend, we don’t know how much you will be getting, but based on the amount shown on the label blend, it is highly unlikely you will exceed the toxic amount.
- Fenugreek – Fenugreek is an awesome herb that has a ton of health benefits. It is a great herb for libido problems, hot flashes, fever, anemia, arthritis, diabetes, acne, eczema, burns, allergies, constipation, ulcers, acid reflux, heartburn, toothache, glaucoma, gout, measles, mumps, and tons of other ailments. Fenugreek is also known as a natural aphrodisiac, antibiotic, antiseptic, diaphoretic and digestive among many other properties. Check out all the great benefits of Fenugreek in my detailed article by CLICKING HERE.
- Boron Glycinate Complex – You can get some Boron in foods like raisins, almonds, and dried apricots. The problem is, you would have to eat more than you could imagine of these to get enough Boron to boost your testosterone. One big study shows that men who took 10mg of Boron for only a week had increases in their testosterone by 28%. Another important aspect of this study is that the men’s estrogen dropped by 39%. Both of those result in huge benefits for increased testosterone. Boron is also beneficial for your bone health and enhanced brain functions.
The Libido/Performance Enhancing Blend Contains:
- Butea Superba – Butea Superba’s biggest health advantages include its ability to increase libido, to help lower your fatigue, lower cholesterol, encourage male fertility, can reduce infection and help with your heart health. It is also known to help treat certain types of cancer. This herb is beneficial in treating diarrhea and painful or problematic urination.
- Horny Goat Weed – I guess it may be pretty obvious, but this herb will increase your libido. It has become a mainstay in many testosterone supplements since the increased sex drive is a symptom of increased testosterone. But, by itself, it does not increase your testosterone. It does, however, decrease cortisol levels, which lowers stress. As you can read in my article for Managing Stress, stress is one of the biggest symptoms of lower testosterone.
- Mucuna Pruriens – Many people know this as velvet bean. Mucuna Pruriens is one of the richest natural sources of L-DOPA. It has been used for enhancing our thinking and for boosting libido all the way back to the middle of the fifteenth century, in Ayurvedic Medicine. It has also helped many men with male infertility.
The Anti-Estrogen Blend Contains:
- Nettle Root – Nettle root is known to be able to block Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG). SHBG is a protein that attaches itself to our testosterone, which gives us less free testosterone to use. There is some evidence that connects nettle root to increased prostate and urinary health.
- Diindolylmethane (DIM) – DIM has become a very popular addition to many testosterone boosters. You can get DIM from cruciferous vegetables, like Broccoli and Cabbage type veggies. It is very good at lowering estrogen levels which is good for our free testosterone.
The Absorption Amplifier Blend, this blend helps your body absorb all the other ingredients:
- Chinese Red Ginseng – Red ginseng has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for many centuries, as an overall wellness supplement. It is known to boost your immune system, enhance your heart health and functionality, helps with diabetes symptoms and may lower sugar. Red Ginseng will increase your energy, lower your stress level and is also know to help with Erectile Dysfunction.
- Black Pepper Extract – This is just what you think, black pepper. It is there to help all the other ingredients absorb more easily in your body.
CLICK HERE for my #1 recommended Testosterone Booster! This is the one I use.
Who Can Use This Supplement?
This supplement is safe for any male over the age of 18. As with any supplement, you should always check with your doctor prior to starting a new supplement, especially if you are on any prescription drugs.
Are There Any Side Effects While Taking The Big Guy Booster?
This supplement includes all-natural ingredients and there are no known long term side effects.
My Conclusion on The Big Guy Bodybuilding Testosterone Booster?
This test booster has really good ingredients for boosting your testosterone. I will still question how much of each ingredient you will actually get in the proprietary blends. I think it will work for some people and not for others.
So, I do think it is worth a shot, but there are some other boosters that are completely transparent with their ingredients.
CLICK HERE for my Top Ten Testosterone Boosters for 2018/2019.